Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A little bit of a change...but a good one...

Hello All,
Well I am leaving the Marriott Hotel. I am leaving for several reasons, but feel happy that I have chosen another hotel that is just beautiful, and it's in town.
The new job is a combination of Supervisor(2 days a week)/Housekeeper/Houseman. My wage is higher than my present job so that is good. The room allottment is not as crazy as here, and I would be working on my own...at about 9-12 rooms a day. I got a tour of about 8 rooms, and they are absolutely gorgeous with fluffy duvets, marble tiled bathrooms and kitchens, wonderful new furniture. I was very IMPRESSED.
Today, my General Manager was not terribly pleased that I gave my 2 week notice. He tried to hear my complaints that I had, but never really listened(in my opinion), and he ended up being right. So at the end of the meeting, he gave me back my letter of resignation, and said we would set up a meeting for tomorrow. I gave him back the letter and said, Sorry. My last day is the 16th of August. I have made other plans. He was not pleased. I think he was mad. But my problems were that, I had been told I would be a supervisor before I even left Saskatchewan. I came here and found it it was not to be so...and here I am 9 weeks later...slaving away in rooms...while I trained a girl to clean rooms(she started 4 weeks after me), and then she BECAME the supervisor!! I was choked when I heard that. Another complaint I had was that I became a Housekeeper Trainer...and apparently, only trained them in one or two rooms, and that was it...and they were left kinda on their own. And with that kind of training, they would not be that good at rooms...and I voiced my concerns about that, and my General Manager and Executive Manager both said, that that was the way it was to be...it is Summer and too busy to train them properly...I was shocked when I heard that. And so when we get complaints about rooms not being cleaned properly...which we do...it all stems from them not being trained properly. I don't NEED to work in a hotel like this. And I thought this would be a BETTER hotel. I don't EVER plan to stay at a MARRIOTT HOTEL ever again.

Anyways that is how my week has been. Just another 10 days of work left here...At least in my next employment...I will be a SUPERVISOR. She actually wanted to be a full time supervisor...but I said, I would try it for two weeks to see if it suited me. So we shall see.

Cameron

5 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

So, since I have not updated my blog yet, I will continue to be a nuisance on Cam's instead. I will be updating soon. As soon as Miss Monica gives me a second. I have some great pictures from Edmonton! We had a blast.

Oh, Cameron...did you say something? Never mind. I'll continue to comment on nothing that is mentioned in your blog.

Hehehe...good luck at the new job!

Yes, and nifty nickname you gave Cameron there, Brain...I mean, Brian!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Brian Dechief said...

Gee, thanks Deneeze.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Brian Dechief said...

And, BTW Campy, good luck at your new gig!

Bee

5:16 AM  
Blogger Cameron83 said...

All I am going to say is this....MY WORD!!! Land sakes child(ren)...BEHAVE or else... I will have to pull out the comprehensive extensive CARPENTERS CATALOGUE of all their BELOVED HITS...about several hundred hours of pure enjoyment!!

Cam

1:52 PM  
Blogger Brian Dechief said...

Uhhhh..."Land sakes?" That's a new one on me?:-)

And as for the Carpenters Catalogue... BRING IT ON!!! I'm always up for a fight!

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home