Monday, June 06, 2005

Tomorrow I leave for Canmore, Alberta...

Hi All,
Tomorrow, I leave for Canmore, Alberta. I am both very sad, and very happy. I am sad to leave so many good friends. Denise, Sandi, Rich, Susan, Michael and Helen, Brian, Claude and many others(they need not be mentionned...just kidding!). But I am also very happy to be able to start anew in Canmore. I am glad and fortunate to have a job. And in the Mountains...how can a person go wrong seeing the mountains. I lift my eyes up...and see God, it seems, well, thru his creation of everything that has life.

On Saturday night, we had a KARAOKE night at Sandi's. Me, Denise and Monica were there to help celebrate. We sang some songs, had some cake, watched Denise sing the ever difficult AVE MARIA, which she handled like a bird...singing so effortlessly and her voice hitting the rafters, like a canary. I still remember being at Sandi's wedding September 2000, and coming from Jasper, Alberta for it. And Denise did the music with her husband Jeff Demchuk. And I had always known that Denise could sing, but AVE MARIA is a very range filled song, from lows to highs and when she hit those operatic notes...well it was heavenly and beautiful and it will be a moment I will NEVER forget. We all were shocked and stunned to hear such a voice come out of that petite bird-like woman(notice I keep mentionning bird/canary)...anyways it was Denise's first time hearing her sing that song on video tape, and she seemed pleased by her performance. I know we all were.

Well I am busy packing, repacking, tying up loose ends, visiting people before I leave...and so I leave by Bus tomorrow at lunch time. Get into Swift Current and get off bus for afternoon and evening to visit my Auntie Erla(Klaassen) and Unce Harry Frisen and have supper with them...so I am anxious to see them. It's been about 11 months since I last saw them.

Well soon, you will hear how my life in Canmore is coming along. Lord willing, it will all be good.

God Bless You All!!

Cam

1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Good luck Cameron and safe travels. Monica and I will miss spending afternoons with you, but we'll see you again, soon!

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home