Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Enjoying life and work...and new and old friends

Hi All,
Well it's been 10 days since I last posted, and no one has really responded. That's okay though. It would be nice if you guys could share your thoughts, your lives with me as well. I like hearing from you too...so don't be a stranger when it comes to reading my blog and sharing your thoughts...By the way, the person that usually answers my BLOG is DENISE...so go Denise!!! She is the champion!!

Some thoughts...

LIFE...isn't life just grand. I watched the movie THE WAR OF THE WORLDS and was blown away(pardon the pun, I couldn't resist)...it was a good movie, and made me think...I'm not too sure what it made me think of, it just made me think of things...like gumdrops, pinwheels, and butterflies...I love gum drops...also love RED LIQUORICE...although if I have too much I get sick of it...very fast. I am on a YOGURT kick right now...eating a bowl or two of yogurt a day. Also a banana a day, keeps the doctor happy as the saying goes...well actually it's an apple a day, but I don't really like apples. I prefer yellow bananas...not bruised and brown bananas...YUCK! Anyways, where was I? Hmmm...oh yeah...LIFE...the movie made me think of life and death...and things out of our control. But how we just have to keep on living, taking the good and bad that comes our way. It isn't easy. But I always feel the Lord gives us the grace to continue on. He shines his light on the path He chose for me.

DEATH...I will die. We all will die. When, how, and what it will be like, I am sure are all answers we have. If I could have it my way, is to die in my sleep, not knowing what is going on, and no pain. I want to die with dignity. But those things are out of my control. I just hope I am not tortured or killed in a horrific way, and if that is the way it is, that my body will be in such shock that I don't feel anything. I hope and pray God will send his Angels to protect and comfort me and prepare me for the next journey which ends in Heaven. I can't wait though. I know, I have talked with my Mom, and sometimes we wish we could just go to Heaven when things get too bad. But we are survivors...and the Lord somehow manages to give us the strength when we really need it the most. The poem FOOTPRINTS is very apt. And very true. The Lord has carried me thru many sad and painful things in my life. And He has tried to catch me, when I run away from Him, to carry me...but it is hard to totally rely on him.

Yesterday, I went to Banff with an old friend Travis, from the Howard Johnson Hotel I worked at last year. We went for supper, did some shopping, and went to see a movie. It was a nice evening. It was nice to get out of Canmore. My first trip out of Canmore, since I got here 7 weeks ago.

Talked with my sister Jeanne the other night. That was good. Although some sad news. My sister Debbie miscarried, so that was sad. My prayers are with her in this sad time. But the good news, is Jeanne might get some new medication that will help her Hepetitis C...with good results...also she will be starting school this fall...to take courses that will help her be a social worker...or something in that vein.

Mom is fine. She has pretty much the month of July and August away from school. So she seems to be enjoying herself. Sach and Cori are back living at home with Mom, so I am sure it is nice for Mom to have their company...even though Sach and Cori are busy with their social lives, schooling and jobs. Kids...ahhh....makes me relive my youth way back when...such a long, long time ago...my word...where has the time flown?

Take care all ya...and let's hear from ya!!!

Cam

8 Comments:

Blogger Brian Dechief said...

BLACK LICORICE IS BETTER-R-R-R-R!!!

So there!

Brian D.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I am, and always will be, the CHAMPION!!! And nice try, Brian, attempting to out do me...

hehehe

10:31 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Oh yea...Hi Cameron! Monica says "hello", too!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Yes, it's me...AGAIN! Cameron, you should try yogurt and cottage cheese. That has always been my fav snack. I love peach yogurt with some cottage cheese mixed in...yummmy. Actually, Monica and I just shared a bowl of that.

Have a nice weekend!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Brian Dechief said...

Yeah, I guess yogurt & cottage cheese is OK. How 'bout pork n' beans on whole wheat toast? You get your protein & your fibre all in one shot!!

Yummy says my tummy.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

NO comment

6:50 PM  
Blogger Cameron83 said...

um...okay...if you guys want to comment on fibre/yogurt and anything NOT pertaining to my BLOG...then use DENISE's blog...www.denisemonica.blogspot.com ...uh be my GUEST. Have a good day...

8:53 PM  
Blogger Brian Dechief said...

OK, OK, OK...Sheesh! Chill out, Scampy Cam, no need to get your gotch in a knot (neat nicknake, hey Denise?).

Oh, and on the subject of gotches...just kiddin'.

Bee Dee

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home