Friday, June 10, 2005

In Canmore...

Hi Guys,
Well I am in Canmore. I left Tuesday and headed for a nice visit with my Auntie Erla and Uncle Harry in Swift Current. We had a delicious meal, great visit, poring over Genealogy records, family history, family pictures etc. I was in Seventh Heaven, as was my Auntie Erla, who loves these kinds of things as I do.
I was hoping to get some much needed sleep on my trip to Canmore but it was not to happen. I got about 3 hours. I was hoping for 6. I sat next to a crying child...who cried for about 2 hours straight. Putting on my headset did not help, I must confess. It helps to attach it to something. So I rummaged around for my walkman/discman. So I did. But it didn't help. Oh well. I felt bad for that mother. I could tell lots of people were not terribly pleased with her. But it wasn't her or the baby's fault. Most of the people on the bus were under 20. Except me, who was in my 30's. So Denise, in a year, you will be the magical 30. I wonder what awaits you.
Anyways got here, but was missing one of my suitcases. So I did not need that hassle. But it gets better. Took a cab to Marriot Hotel...beautiful, scenic drive up to where it is...about 2 miles away from town centre. Got there, announced myself, and no one knew who I was, or that I was to arrive today. My staff accom was not ready. I was a bit surprised. The general manager that had hired me, had resigned that Saturday, and so no one notified me, or let me know anything. It was a stressful time for me, thinking I might have to go back to Saskatchewan, if they don't have room for me. Thankfully, things did get straightened out, and they were happy to have me.
Thankfully, they let me sleep in my staff accomodation. Two queen beds in a bedroom, with a bathroom next to it. In the other room is a living room with a small kitchen, but it has a large fridge, and a stove top...(miracle of miracles)...very nice accomodation. I met my roomate who was working...Yashie Hiro(he is Japanese). He is nice, but he is trying to learn English, so I am sure I can assist him in what he needs to learn...
That evening, my former co worker Gale Heinrichs(possible distant relation), and her husband Gerry came to visit me. It was good to see her.
Next morning I started work. It was difficult, as it always is, when you are starting a new job. But the people there were great, and helpful. I completed the rooms I was given. That night, I came home and had a bath...I normally don't have baths, but this time, I thought I needed one...and so it was good. I went to bed early...when I was at Rich and Susan's I was usually in bed by 3 in the morning. That night I was in bed by 10 or so. And up for my second day, which went good. Met a friend of mine from Banff, that I sung with at the Banff Springs Hotel Christmas Choir, so it was good to see him again.
I miss everyone. Rich and Susan. Denise and Monica. Sandi and Nico. Brian. Helen and Michael. And lots of others. Denise Balla. My table...Roger, Muriel, Mel and Priscilla.

Till later on,
Cam

1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

We miss you too, Cameron. Glad to hear things are going well. The countdown is on until your return...:)

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home