Monday, November 22, 2004

You should READ her books!!

Hi Friends,
I am at my Mom's in Edmonton this weekend, and having a great time! I wish I lived here all the time, but I don't. I live in Canmore, Alberta, where I work. I think I feel like I would rather be here because Christmas is just around the corner. I love the shopping, the going out for coffee and cookies, the love, warmth and beautiful sounds of music. I also love snuggling in a bed, with blankets wrapped all around me, as I drink some nice tea, and settle in for a good read. Nothing thrills me more, especially on a cold winter's day. And in certain parts of Canada, it can get a bit cold. Okay, okay, very, very cold!
One author I just adore is Crying Wind. Back in 1980, I remember Mom had this book called CRYING WIND. Of course, with myself being a huge bookworm, and still am to this date, I asked to read it, and she let me. It was a wonderful story, and I loved it all. I was about 8 or 9. Then a few years later, I saw at a book fair, in a Church in Bracken, Saskatchewan, the continuing story...MY SEARCHING HEART by Crying Wind. Well I had to get it. Without begging for it of course, and thankfully, Mom did get it for me. I was so thrilled and remember finishing that book that day. I loved it. I think, Crying Wind's story carried me thru my life, and all the turbulence of that time. To know, that she had felt alone and unloved, I knew I was not alone. That God did indeed love me.
Many, many years later...I found out that there was a third book coming out by Crying Wind called WHEN THE STARS DANCED. So I obtained that and it was powerful. To be able to continue to read and share in her journey is a thrill beyond words.
Then I got a chance to email her and she responded with grace and candor.. And for the last 2 years, we have corresponded by email. Not all the time, but we do catch up on each other's lives when we can. She has also encouraged me to get my story out there! Which is a help to me, and I just thank her for her willingness and emotional support. What a blessing she is! What I also love about her, is that she conveys thru her art, and her stories, is that she is a "real" person. Like you know her. What a gift that is! Anyways, I want to encourage you to get her books at www.indianlife.org They make wonderful gifts. I know, I got one for my mother, which she loved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home