Monday, November 01, 2004

Me and my sister!

I love my 19 year old sister. She is the best! You know what is really neat! Is that for many years we were separated by time and distance. I was living in Saskatchewan and Manitoba during the 1990's, while she was growing up in Edmonton, Alberta. Also, I am older than her by about 12 years, and remember when in February 1985 she was born, becoming the fifth sibling in our family. I was so happy to have a younger sister. Actually I had two other sisters, Jeanne and Debbie in our family, but they are my birth sisters who were also adopted into the family, along with me. My brother Sachia was born in 1982 when I was 9, and that was also a joy.

Cori and me get along great. We never seem to fight at all. I consider her one of my dearest friends, as well. We love life and all it has to offer. Whenever I go to Edmonton, we hang out, or go to the dance clubs. It's funny, but in some ways, there is no age barrier when I am with her. I feel young and don't really worry myself about it. Our last movie we saw was with Mom and her boyfriend Don, called CONNIE AND CARLA, which was hilariously funny. I laughed and laughed. Next time I see Cori, she has promised to watch THE SOUND OF MUSIC and KAREN CARPENTER's CHRISTMAS. So I will hold that to her. It's not very often that my friends or family, will willingly submit themselves to hours of Carpenters music or television appearances, so I will hold that to her. It's nice, when my family/friends support my Carpenters habit.

Here is an interesting tid bit on my sister Cori. She went to school with Adam Gregory, the Canadian country singer, and was in band with him. Actually sat next to him. I even got to meet him in December 2003 in Edmonton, and I kept my composure, which in itself is remarkeable, as I am known to get flustered when I meet any celebrity. To date, I have met or seen up close...Sandi Patty, Adam Gregory, Scott Thompson, Lynda Carter, a Moffat triplet(don't know which one though), Stephen Baldwin, David Suzuki, Bob McGrath, and Kelsey Grammar.


1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Wow...someone other than me willing to watch the Carpenters. I almost spit out my water when I read that. And you now have this instance in writing on the web, for all to see!

Add this to meeting not only Bob McGrath, but A Moffatt triplet as well and I'd say you have done all the living one could possibly do!

Hee hee

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home