Sunday, October 17, 2004

I Saw Gospel Superstar SANDI PATTY in EDMONTON on Oct 1st!!

Hi All,
On October 1, 2004, I had the opportunity to see singer Sandi Patty in concert at the Beulah Alliance Church. It was an awesome experience to see her sing in such a heavenly way. She blessed my life before with her recordings, but to see her "live" in concert is another treasure added within my life. I was blessed to also have my mother Fern, my sister Cori Marie, and my Auntie Marcia there, sitting beside me on the FRONT row. She was there, promoting her newest double cd HYMNS OF FAITH...SONGS OF INSPIRATION and it was phenomenal! What an awesome lady and very, very talented!!
One of the songs she sung was her famous JESUS LOVES ME medley. Actually, this was the song that I first hear back in 1988. My Auntie Laurie Bergreen had told me that this gospel singer Sandi Patti(since mid 1990's Sandi Patti changed her name from "Patti" to "Patty") imitates other singers, notably Karen Carpenter, who at that time, and still is, my favorite Secular singer of all time. So that was the first time I heard her sing it, and I became a fan. So to hear her sing Jesus Loves Me, as she thinks Karen Carpenter might have sung it, is unbelievably right on. Her intonation and phrasing are so Karen-like, it's neat!
Other songs she sung are CROWN HIM WITH MANY CROWNS(gorgeous!), HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW(gentle!), WE SHALL BEHOLD HIM(standing ovation moment!), VIA DOLOROSA(wonderful!), PRECIOUS MEMORIES medley(Sandi came off stage and down thru audience to shake people's hands and sing!!). It was an evening of her talking, sharing, singing, laughing etc. As my Mom said it eloquently, "I could feel the Lord's presence, the first moment, she walked out on stage!" which is the truth! I also loved her story on the adoption of her 8th child SAM, and I had tears in my eyes, at how touching it was. It made me think of my adoption, and how blessed I am to have the Mother that I do have. She and I are friends, and not just friends, but I count her as one of my kindred spirits(from the Anne books...Anne of Green Gables). We have so much fun together...playing scrabble, talking, cleaning, shopping, eating, socializing, as well as acting silly...I love you MOM!!
Anyway, I digress...after the concert, I did get to meet Sandi Patty and she signed a poster of mine, and the HYMNS cd. I asked if I could have my picture taken with her and she agreed. She was gracious, sweet, and fun filled. Her interesting website is www.sandipatty.com
That was a wonderful, crowning moment in my life, one I will never forget. I will post that picture very soon.

My thoughts,
Cameron Longo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home