Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Can't Wait Till Christmas!

Hi Friends,
I cannot wait till Christmas. It will be a good one this year. I had a great time, last year in Edmonton, where I spent my first Christmas with the family since December 1991(back in good ole Swift Current).
Last year, I moved to Edmonton in November, to work and start a life there. I got my own place, and it was nice to see Mom and the family on a weekly basis. I had missed them for so long, and it was nice to develop our furthering relationships. Plus, as they say, Christmas is the most FABULOUS time of the year(okay, I know it is supposed to be WONDERFUL but you know me...I am a bit different...don't get me started on the story..."The boy who cried pig!") Anyhow...where was I?
Last Christmas, we had so much fun shopping and going to the West Edmonton Mall, all the time. We would go for coffee, or something to eat, and to look at all the wonderful gifts. Cori, Mom and I even went driving around in a truck, with Hot Chocolate, doughnuts(from Tim Horton's), and Christmas music cds. We went to the famed Candy Cane Lane there, and I got to see a long street with almost every house decorated with Christmas lights, Christmas scenery etc. Very wonderful! Then we drove by Mom's old house on 89th Avenue, which I think was more for sentimental reasons on Mom and Cori's part, as they had lived there for 11 years, so that was a big part of their life. We also took pics at the Legislature Buildings.
Christmas eve was delightful. We went to Beulah Alliance Church for the service there and then headed to Auntie Jewel's afterwards for food and visiting. It was very awesome for me to feel a part of the family, and to be creating new memories.
I stayed over at Mom's for the holidays. Christmas day was wonderful. Everyone got up, made coffee and then passed the gifts out. I was shocked at all the gifts I kept getting. I had thought I would get a gift and a stocking, but that was not to be the case. I recieved a kettle, a teapot, some tea, chocolates, tapes, camera, Needlepoint book(I hope to take up needlepoint someday for relaxation and creative purposes), a handsome black dress shirt, a Brita water machine, and other fine gifts I cannot think of right now. It was a wonderful time. I was more blessed by being with the family on that day. It really warmed and touched my heart and soul.
Now this Christmas, Mom, Don, Auntie Marcia, Cori and Sachia are coming down to Canmore to spend Christmas eve, Christmas day and part of Boxing day with me. How lucky can I get! So they will have 2 of the cleanest rooms in the Hotel for them! It will be a wonderful time had by all of us! I am so blessed!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home