Wednesday, November 03, 2004

One of my friends has the most beautiful voice in the world!!

Hi,
One of my good friend, who lives in Regina, is one of the most beautiful voiced singer I have ever heard. I met her in 1993, when I was volunteering at Regina Luthern Nursing Home. Her grandmother was there, and I remember meeting this girl and seeing her and her family. A few years later, in 1995, I met her. I knew she sang and I heard her sing, and she had a lovely voice. Everytime she sang, I paid attention. How could you not! Listening to the voice of an angel. I always considered it a privilage just to hear her sing. She also could play guitar too. One of our friends got married in September 2000, and I came from Jasper, Alberta to the wedding at Holy Rosary Cathedral. Well, this girl sang at the wedding, and when she sang the AVE MARIA, I was blown away. You have this tiny girl and the loud, controlled voice coming from her mouth...and the range at which she sang. She hit these high notes with perfect pitch. AVE MARIA can be a very, difficult song to sing, but she sang it with such ease, like a bird...a canary. I remember watching her hit those notes and my mouth dropped open. I didn't realize she could hit those notes! But she did. It was a joy just to witness that.

She still sings. She has sung all over the place. One of my favorite songs she sings is ISAIAH 49, and THE SWEETEST NAME OF ALL. It's an experience just to hear her sing. I know many people who love her, and admire her immense talent. And she's a sweet, cute person with a wonderful soul.

She always teases me about my love for the Carpenters. But I will have you know, that she has sung many CARPENTERS songs with me...including We've Only Just Begun, Top of the World, For All We Know, Superstar. And we have gone on a few road trips where she has sung note for note all the Carpenters hits...including knowing when to come in one the background harmonies. We've also watched CARPENTERS tv specials together, including THE KAREN CARPENTER STORY. And she has admitted that she has surfed the web looking at Karen Carpenter/The Carpenters websites. So I think that is VERY cool and VERY brave of her!!

What a cool friend she is!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

I plead the 5th!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Cameron83 said...

Hi Denise!

Yes, I let the cat out of the bag! It's Denise! How is baby Monica? Maybe you should sing a lullaby to her...possibly CRYSTALL LULLABY sung by Karen Carpenter on her 1972 multi platinum album A SONG FOR YOU. It's a beautiful song! Anyways! Am glad you liked what I said. It's true. You have one of the most beautiful voices in the world. Too bad, you wouldn't do CANADIAN IDOL! You can sing anything! Literally. I remember when we were goofing around and doing Karaoke at Sandi's, and you were singing rock to pop, to disco to country and everything in between. Remember when we did GIMME GIMME GIMME by ABBA and MONDAY MONDAY by Mamas and Papas, where you said my singing was pretty shabby and I said, I'm not the singer, you are! Well you are! Anyways, I will be the first in line to buy 10 copies of your first album, when it comes out!! Okay, who am I kidding, I would buy 100 and start the Denise Fan Club. I guess you could call me devoted!! Hopelessly Devoted to you! Yikes!

Your Pal,
Cam

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home