Tuesday, November 30, 2004

November 29, 1978

Hi All,
The above mentionned date was an important date in my life. 26 years have passed since that day when I was just 6 years old. That was the date that I moved from my foster home in the inner city of Winnipeg, Manitoba to the beautiful North Kildonan area of Winnipeg. Even though it is a long time ago, the memories are still very fresh. Mom called me the other night and she had remembered that special date...well, it was the date that made her a first time Mother. And me as her son.
Wow! 26 years! It amazes me at how much has happened in my life since then. I know, and believe within my heart, that it was all of God's plan for me to have a home, a Christian upbringing, and lots of love, especially from Mom. Even though things got to be difficult and painful in the years to come after 1978(which I don't need to get into), my Mom was my saving grace. I loved her. She was my safety, my rock! She still is! I always will say to her, and to others that will listen, that the Lord knew I needed her badly, and that she needed me badly too. The love and attention she gave me, has made me the person I am today. Sometimes I try and imagine what life would have been like for me, had I not been adopted in her home. But that gets to be too scary(thinking of what I would have turned out had I NOT been adopted), so I am just very thankful to have been in her home.
We were talking, and found out that I came to her home on a Thursday, as she had taken the day off school. I think we went downtown later on, and probably stopped by to pick up Daddy. The next day, we started going to school at Dufferin together. And the rest is history. What memories I cherish. Of wanting to be loved, and being loved. Of needing attention, and being attended to.
As I will always say, I am blessed to be her son. Mind you, not her firstborn son as that title aptly belongs to brother Sachia born in 1982(and rightfully so). But I claim the title of her "First Child" which is true. I am the one who made her a mother...so I will end on that note...that I love her soooooo much!! I also look forward to seeing her in a few weeks at Christmas, as well as the whole family.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home