Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What's New With Me...

Hi All,
I don't really think a lot is new with me. I am still in Edmonton but not sure what I plan to do in the near future. I may be heading back to the Mountains to work, or I may move to Manitoba. I have not lived in Manitoba since 1997, which is over 9 years ago. A lot has happened since then, that's for sure. I have discovered a lot about my heritage which is a wonderful thing. It's awesome to know from who I come from, a long line of Aboriginal people, and Metis people with some French and Scottish thrown in for good measure.

It's funny, but I have realized some things about myself. Not being diagnosed but with talking to people, and finding out things about myself. I go thru stages of depression. I have never written that before, and something I never wanted to acknowledge. But I am going to see a doctor about that, and what they can do, to make me feel better about myself.

I know I have always thought very poorly of myself, and still do. I have so much talent, and great ideas, and yet I feel I am just existing. And then I berate myself because I have opportunities to have a good job, and I just don't go. That's the truth. I don't know why I go. Am I setting myself up for failure, or what? I think it's because I get so anxious and so worked up that I just cannot do it. My anxiety disorder kicking in. Which is not a good thing.

And for me, it always stems to my past, I feel. To my hard childhood. Of being put in situations that scared me, where I had to be my best for others. Of high expectations. I also think, that being Aboriginal in a predominately white community didn't help either. I always had to work way WAY way harder than others, just to be, "Normal." To be precieved as normal, like everyone else. And now, at times, I just don't have that energy.

Don't get me wrong. I am mostly happy and positive, and thank the Good Lord for that. But other times I go thru my stages, where I will stay at home for days, and going out is a big chore and a big accomplishment.

I guess I just have to take it one day at a time. God never said it would be easy, but I do thank him for the many, many blessings He has given me!

My thoughts,
Cameron

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Dechief said...

Hi Campy,

Hang in there buddy. Just remember that you are, and always will be, loved and nurtured by your friends, family, and a loving God.

Brian

12:13 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Hey you!

Brian's right.

You have really helped me a lot over the last couple years. I've enjoyed the times we've spent together and your friendship has meant the world to me. You are, and I'm sure I've said this before, a huge blessing in my life!

Denise

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home