Thursday, August 10, 2006

Edmonton, Alberta

Well, I am in Edmonton, Alberta, and have been here since my 34 th Birthday. It was absolutely wonderful to see my family...Mom, Corina(Cori), and Patrick, Jeanne, Debbie and Nigel. Unfortunately, Sachia and his girlfriend were away on a camping trip. But we made up the next weekend when we got together and had some coffee and cakes...all 5 Longo children, their spouses, minus Mom, who was enjoying it in Costa Rica. We miss her though. Lots! But we are so glad she is able to relax, rest, do some sightseeing and get tanned! How wonderful for her. Now, Corina is in Costa Rica too. She left on July 23 and will be back in a few days...and then Mom will be back on the 23 of August.

I have done a lot of things with the family. Jeanne and me go see movies, go out to eat, go shopping. Jeanne, Deb and I went to see Capital Ex. I will put up some photos of that later on, when they get developed. I have put up a PHOTO Jeanne and I did posing as olden days Indians...of course, to be politically correct, we are First Nations or Aborgional...but that was fun to do. We also got to meet the famed Metis jigger/dancer Brent Potskin. How amazing is that! I will put up a picture of him on stage, when I get the photos developed. But man, can that guy's feet move fast. I should nickname him Hummingbird...or Jiggingbird. But he is a nice man too. We spent lots of time talking to him, about Native dancing, Metis dancing, Metis history, Family genealogy etc. He has also won awards all over Canada. He is a credit, definately to the Metis family, but to a person of Canada too! Also saw him for two performances at Heritage Festival, and man it was hot outside. I am hoping to take lessons thru his orginization, Edmonton Cultural Metis Society, starting in September 2006.

My Uncle John Houle just died. He was 60, but had been ill for the past 5 years. I had met him a few times, and he was a nice man, laughing and just a great guy. The first time I met him and his wife, we hugged and talked. We looked at old photos of his sister, my late Mother Florence Parenteau. The funeral was at Ebb and Flow First Nation, Mb on Tuesday. Wish I could have gone but way too far away. We will miss him.

Still busy into the Family Tree Genealogy. Still planning upcoming Parenteau-Chartrand family reunion for July 2007 in Manitoba.

Went to Banff for a week, to go and work, but decided wage wise, I could get pretty much the same wage here, doing the same stuff. So I chose to move back to Edmonton. Although it was great to see and stay at my best friend Stephanie's place. We went to the club, we had some drinks, I dyed her hair, we chatted, and went downtown for a bite to eat. We had fun. We even got to watch SEX AND THE CITY, our most fave show(behind WILL AND GRACE).

Now am back in Edmonton, and am feeling good being here. I want to stay and settle for awhile at least, and live life.

That's all for now,
Cameron

6 Comments:

Blogger Avloomat said...

man... looking at your profile, you're more of a wuss than i am but a better writer.

i recently discovered that my ancestry traced all the way to Yemen. can you believe that?

12:52 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

So, does this mean you'll be around during the week that Moncia and I are in Edmonton...August 21-26??

1:42 PM  
Blogger Cameron83 said...

Yes, Denise it does!!!

Cam

9:27 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

k...you must email me with your contact info.

1:39 PM  
Blogger schaychuk said...

Hey cameron, saw your quite the blogger wanted to say hi...its sonya, your sister the one never mentioned!!jk...I see your doing well and are happy!!!!

6:18 PM  
Blogger schaychuk said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home